What are all those letters after your name?

In my practice I am often asked to describe my educational background and qualifications. I have sought very specific training and degrees which I feel support my professional development and goal of providing responsible, relevant, and compassionate service to my clients.

BA
I received my Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction) in Child and Youth Care from the University of Victoria in 2000. The School of Child and Youth Care is a specialized program which provides education, training, professional development and research in the care and support of children, youth, families and their communities. The work of the School of Child and Youth Care is grounded in the principles of inclusion, social justice and ethical practice.

MA
I completed my Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology at the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Vancouver. This was also a specialized clinical training program and included a 600 hour counselling internship, which I completed at the Adler Counselling Clinic in Vancouver. I chose to complete my graduate degree at the Adler School because I believe in a holistic, respectful, and colaborative approach to counselling.


RCC
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, a designation of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. This means that I have passed a thorough registration process including an audit of my educational and clinical training, professional references, criminal record screening, and my agreement to abide by stringent ethical standards. This designation, and the use of the logo above, are an indication of standards reserved for qualified clinical counsellors in BC.

1 comment:

ICSCareersOnline said...

Informative post.Thanks for sharing. I have bookmarked your blog for future updates.
Best Career Counsellor in Lucknow